Thursday, July 19, 2012

Academe

As of the first of this month, I began assuming duties as Faculty Editor of the AAUP magazine Academe. Cat Warren, whose shoes I will be trying to fill, is editing the issues finishing out this year; I will be responsible starting with the Jan./Feb. 2013 issue (fortunately, Cat has agreed to help me through that first one).

Anyone with articles or ideas relating to faculty concerns is encouraged to contact me directly or through the magazine's "Manuscript Submission Guidelines" page.

Because of my new responsibility, I won't be blogging as frequently here, but will be splitting my posts between One Flew East and the Academe blog, where I will concentrate on issues of faculty governance, academic freedom, and the role of the scholar in society.

No comments: